Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

2012 is drawing to a close and I find myself reflecting on the events of 2012. This was not a good year for me. I lost some special people, and I feel like I lost some of myself. I feel like I will never be able to be the same parent I was before. I will wake up in the middle of the night when Aly cries and assume the worst. I will over analyze every move she makes, every twitch every expression. I will have a calendar littered with doctor's visits. I just wish I could be less anxious. Sometimes I think I'm getting better, some times its worse. I think I'm getting stronger, but I still find myself triggered by the smallest things.

I want 2013 to be a better year for so many reasons. I want to believe it will be, and we can make it better than the last. I won't make any resolutions for myself, but I think Aly has some.

Aly's 2013 Resolutions

-Learn to walk
-Say Mama
-Learn to drink from a sippy cup
-Cut some new teeth
-Grow big and stronger
-Push my walking toy all by myself
-Put the coins in my piggy bank toy by myself
-Feed myself
-Catch the kitty

-Get my eyes straightened out
-Stop taking my phenobarbital
-Stay out of the hospital
-Give hugs and kisses to everyone I love
-Meet all of my Mama's friends who cheered for me when I was sick

I think she's on the right track to accomplish them all. Here's to the new year!

GO ALY!

No comments:

Post a Comment