Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ask, and you shall receive

So I debated posting the last entry. I was in bad mood when I wrote it. I was feeling kind of sorry for myself. I figure this is my blog and its for me more than anyone else, so I can't censor myself. I have to be real. I was amazed at the response it got, but then again attention seeking posts always do that. :)

When Aly and I got home from Occupational Therapy with Danni yesterday (love her, gotta do a post about OT and PT and Aly's great therapists) there was a package waiting for us. I thought it was something I ordered from Amazon. But it was addressed to "The Ackerman Family" so we opened it up, and there was a bounty of riches. A book, a snuggle bug, and a gift card to Beans and Brews. It was like the universe arriving to give me a kick in the pants. Yes, people still care, and stop your whining! I didn't find a name or return address anywhere on it. I still can't get over the kindness of strangers. If you are reading this post, anonymous gift giver, thank you from the bottom of my heart. (and Aly and Ben's) You obviously know us pretty well, since B&B is our favorite coffee place, and we love anything bug-related.



Once again, people continue to surprise and awe me. Aly's experience in the hospital continues to teach me things and will continue to humble me and really make me think twice about life. I have tried to be less judgmental, more giving, more loving, less negative, more forgiving and less angry. But sometimes, I find myself slipping into old habits. Thanks to everyone who reached out to me and reminded me that everyone is still rooting for us. It means so much just knowing you're there. Thank you for sending the love, as you can see, we still feel it, and sometimes we just need a little extra shot of it to get through the day.

GO ALY!

No comments:

Post a Comment