Monday, July 23, 2012

Gratitude

I figure the best place to start this blog would be a on a positive note. I eventually will have to get around to rehashing the last 6 or so days with the whole sordid tale of how we got here, but that can wait for another day.
I am not religious. I am not an atheist either. I would classify me as a hopeful agnostic at best. But I respect those with religious beliefs who do not feel the need to foist those on others. I believe in the power of positive thinking and I know that's what a prayer is. I believe God works through people and in this dark, lowest worst time of my life, God (if there is one) is working his ass off through many people.

Since Aly went into the hospital, we have had an intense out pouring of support and love sent our way. Complete strangers in every corner of the country are thinking about our baby girl and wishing her the best. It's pretty amazing and has pretty much restored my faith in people. I was a pretty cynical person before. But I've learned that even the most gruff, anti-child person can't stand to see a sweet little baby suffer.

People have come out of the woodwork in every way, we've had so many people offer help. People have sent gifts, offered to let us crash at their houses, make us dinner. We've had several religious people offer to have our baby blessed. Still haven't decided on that one. Can't hurt, is the way I lean, but I don't know if I want a stranger visiting just to do that.

I know they may never figure out what caused this. I don't know if I even care anymore. I just know that there are so many people out there who love my baby girl and that means everything to me. She will never doubt that she is loved by many. And as a Mom that's always what you want. I now know that I have friends in every corner and that support is never far away.

Thank you everyone! If you've liked a status on facebook, sent us a comment, thought of Aly in the shower for a minute and wished she was better, said a prayer, lit a candle, did a interpretive healing dance, or even if you just looked at a picture of her and smiled. I feel like every little bit of that good energy is fueling this fight.

As always...

GO ALY!

1 comment:

  1. You and Ben are such amazing people it's no surprise Aly is such an amazing little angel.
    We knew she was gonna pull through she just needed to take a moment to rest now shes back to her fighting self and we love it. we cant wait to see her scooting around and trying to take the remote or the phone.

    WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH ALY

    ~GO ALY~

    ReplyDelete