Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Burden Basket



On the third floor of Primary's, they have the meditation room. It is a small quiet room, you are not supposed to sleep or eat in there. It has a beautiful stained glass window. I like the fact that it doesn't cater to just one faith. They have several religious books and some healing stones and electric candles. They have a wall full of pamphlets dealing with grief and loss. The lights can be dimmed, or turned off completely. It is very peaceful.

They also have the burden basket, which is a Native American practice of leaving a basket outside your door, to put your burdens in so that they do not follow you into the home. The basket at Primary's is supposed to be made out of a special kind of wood that absorbs your sadness, fear and anger. You write your burdens on a peace of paper and place them in the basket, letting them go. Eventually the hospital chaplain burns them. The burden basket was just what I needed yesterday. I thought it was a wonderful thing to have in the meditation room.

I hope I didn't botch the meaning of these, my information comes from my own understanding and http://www.burdenbasket.co.uk/explanation_burden_basket_htm.

GO ALY!

5 comments:

  1. This room sounds amazing! I can't wait to see the little bug without all of those wires attached!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to hear that little Aly is doing so well. Let the fans of team ALY know whatever they can do to help. Tim & Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the meditation room...my daughter was on third floor a couple of times. I've been praying for Aly. I know you are agnostic...God still loves you and your family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!writing from Austin, Texas. praying/visualizing/meditating and hoping for Aly and parents. Let the healing continue! Looking forward to hearing that she is back to health and that you are all on your way home. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO GLAD TO HEAR!!!
    Many prayers to your family. Writing from just outside of NYC ...in Jersey. Having had a miracle baby myself....I know exactly what you are going through....MIRACLES HAPPEN every day . Never lose faith!

    ReplyDelete