Friday, July 27, 2012

My favorite Aly-related poem

i carry your heart

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)

                                    i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant 
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
~e.e. cummings 

This poem has been special to me for a long time, even before Aly was born. :)

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Tori. I'm still praying for you, Ben and your sweet baby girl.

    We don't know each other, but I have thought about you constantly since Todd and Erin's first post about Aly. You're in my prayers every night and in my thoughts throughout every day. Please know and take comfort in the fact that there are so, so many others out there like me... some you will probably never even realize.

    I am mommy to two daughters myself, who have transformed my world into something so astoundingly beautiful- something I never could have dreamed prior to them being born. Whenever I see pictures of your sweet Aly I am reminded of that precious, fleeting when mine were babies. My youngest is 3, it hasn't been so long ago...

    I can't imagine how hard it is to have faith in such a difficult, frustrating, and exhausting time. You are an incredibly strong and amazing mother for having the courage to reach out to others with your blog as you maneuver through probably the most difficult time in your life.

    But you can do this. And you will be a better person and change the world with your insight and the light of love because of it. And Aly will grow into a beautiful girl before your eyes, you'll see. As you raise her you will draw strength and wisdom from your memory of this time.

    Sending prayers, love and light to Aly, to you and Ben, and everyone else who has been touched and changed by your words.

    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, thanks for the sweet and thoughtful comments. I'm still taking it all in. I'm still so surprised a how many people aly has touched in her life so far. :)

      Delete
  2. By the way, I don't consider myself a religious person either. I have been raised in a culture that was in conflict with my family's religious beliefs... and therefore I have learned to doubt everything religious.

    However there are certain times in my life where I have known without a doubt that there is a God and He has the ability to work in amazingly, unbelievably powerful ways.

    The older I get and the more I experience (especially as a Mom) the more frequently I have this feeling. I hope that you are feeling some of this now, and that it helps you move forward through the dark times in search of light.

    ReplyDelete