Sunday, July 29, 2012

Three Little Birds

Birds have been a reoccurring theme in my life, and so far in Aly's as well. My song for her is "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley. I remember being so sick while I was pregnant with her and just playing it to try and feel better. I sing it to her all the time and a few weeks ago, I used a tutorial from Pinterest to make a picture for her room with some of the lyrics.
Tutorial can be found at http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2011/08/song-lyric-wall-art-diy-project.html
Also, my name means bird in Japanese. I have some friends who call me Birdie. Coincidence? My parents talked about how everyday they kept seeing more hummingbirds around the house, and Aly's great grand-parents talked about how they were seeing more doves while she was in the hospital. Also, the blog design has a hummingbird on it. I didn't notice it at first, but now I think it's perfect.

I think Aly is a lot like a hummingbird. They are little birds, but they are strong, tenacious and full of energy. Quoted from wikianswers, "In Native American culture, a hummingbird symbolizes timeless joy and the Nectar of Life. It's a symbol for accomplishing that which seems impossible and will teach you how to find the miracle of joyful living from your own life circumstances."

I know that's not always a great source, but I think the idea is spot on. :) Back to the song. There were times when I would just listen to Three Little Birds and cry. Or when I would sing it to Aly and she would calm down. I think the Three Little Birds are like me, Ben and Aly. I plan at some point to commemorate the song by getting a tattoo of three birds and maybe a lyric, but that will need to be carefully researched and agonized over for weeks first.

I know Aly is out of the hospital, but we still don't know the extent of the long term damage that's been done.  I just have to keep telling us all, "Don't worry!" Aly is a little hummingbird, fast and strong. 

GO ALY!

If you haven't heard this song, please check it out asap. Hope you love it like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment